Course Copy

Jump to solution
alanius
Community Novice

I'm trying to export a CANVAS course into a new CANVAS shell course. It keeps failing and says that it's an unsupported package. I don't get it because I'm exporting as a CANVAS course copy and then trying to import as a CANVAS copy. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening,  @alanius  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Let's see if we can save you a few steps and get your course copied correctly.  If I read your question correctly, it sounds like you have two courses in Canvas...one that has content in it and one that does not.  If that's the case, you can use this Guide to import course content from one course to another (no need to first export the course): https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12935-415257077  As you follow the steps in this Guide, you will want to be logged into your course that doesn't have any content.  I like to think of this as my "destination" course.  The course where the content currently live (I like to think of this as my "source" courses) will be the course you select during the course import process.  So, log into your "destination" course, and select your "source" course to import/copy the content.

I hope this will help, Ann-Marie.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes