Course Invite Not Working

Jump to solution
Sam_
Community Member

Good morning,

Our program admin has been trying to add me as a teacher to a course. She has resent the invitation several times but I'm not getting anything. I tried to report the problem via help but there is no option for that in my account.

0 Likes
4 Solutions
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hi, @Sam_ ! Course invitations also display on the Dashboard, so as long as you're able to log into your Canvas account, you can accept the course invitation directly from the Dashboard. Course invitation emails frequently land in users' spam or junk boxes, so be sure to check those as well.

View solution in original post

@Sam_  It is possible that your email address needs to be verified. Please check your user settings, specifically Notifications and Settings; if there is a warning message next to your email address, please ask the owner of the Canvas instance (i.e., the account admin) to verify your email address on your behalf.

gnoack
Community Champion

Also check that the admin is using the same email address that you are expecting the invitation at.  Perhaps it's different, or just typed incorrectly. 

Sam_
Community Member

@Stef_retired thank you. I checked and there was an exclamation so I had the verification e-mail resent to confirm it. What's odd is I've accepted invites to multiple courses prior to this one.

Thank you @gnoack  I will let her know to double check it.