Course Mysteriously Unpublished

Jump to solution
karen_bowden
Community Contributor

Twice a course I created became mysteriously "unpublished". There is no notification that it was unpublished. Instead, I have to find out the hard way when an enrolled student contacts us to tell us they can't access the course. Why does this happen and is there a way to prevent it? How can I run an unpublished report myself if I'm not an admin to make sure all my courses are still published? Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @karen_bowden ...

The only way I can think of (and this is pure speculation on my part) as to why this may be happening is if the local Canvas administrators at your school have something programmed behind the scenes where courses become unpublished for one reason or another.  Generally speaking, it seems strange to me that any course would become unpublished on its own without some type of manual interaction from either an instructor or a Canvas administrator at your school.  I would suggest that you reach out to your school's Canvas admin or someone in your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they can investigate this more for you.

Good luck, Elizabeth.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes