Course Page Layout

Jump to solution
ChrisJensen
Community Member

On the right hand side of the screen are multiple choices:

Import Existing Content

Import from Commons

How do I change the look and only see the ones I want up there?

Chris Jensen

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @ChrisJensen ...

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to hide any of those button that you see on your "Home" page of your course.  I suppose there might be a way to do so using some fancy programming, but to my knowledge, there's nothing available on the Canvas UI (User Interface) that would let you turn buttons like this on/off.  If you talked with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning department, there *might* be a way to do this by inserting some JavaScript code into the global JS file (this is beyond my scope of knowledge, however).  And, if extra JS code was added in this way...it affects every course in your school's Canvas environment...not just your course(s).  Some of your fellow instructors who also teach in Canvas may not want those buttons removed.

Another thing to keep in mind...if you remove or alter those buttons, then it does not match the Canvas Guides such as: How do I use the Course Home Page as an instructor... - Instructure Community.

I know this might not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope that it has helped to answer your question.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes