cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aparadies
Community Participant

Course Summary Update of assignments

Jump to solution

I have an assignment that is unpublished in my Modules but shows up on the Syllabus Course summary. How do I remove items from the Course Summary?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@aparadies ‌, all graded items, including unpublished items, display in the instructor's view of the Course Summary; however, students will not be able to view the unpublished items.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@aparadies ‌, all graded items, including unpublished items, display in the instructor's view of the Course Summary; however, students will not be able to view the unpublished items.

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

...and since you specifically asked how to remove them, the only way to remove unpublished assignments from the Course Summary in the instructor view is to delete the assignments themselves. This is not always the most desirable approach, of course. When I was teaching I used to differentiate between published and unpublished assignments by removing due dates from all unpublished assignments and making sure that all of my published assignments had due dates associated with them; this will force all of the unpublished assignments down to the bottom of the Course Summary where they are easily distinguishable at a glance from the published assignments.