cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevin20
Community Member

Course availability

Jump to solution

How do I make my course available to my students?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kspencer11  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

You must publish your course before it becomes available to your students. Learn how at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13030-how-do-i-publish-a-course 

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

6 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kspencer11  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

You must publish your course before it becomes available to your students. Learn how at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13030-how-do-i-publish-a-course 

I hope this helps,

Kelley

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning,  @kevin20  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Here are some Guides for you.  Basically, you'll want to make sure your course is "published", make sure that your course start/end dates are correct, and that your availability settings are also configured the way you want.

I hope this information will be of help to you, Kevin.  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

kevin20
Community Member

The course is "published."  Or at least it says it is.  This is a CEU course for rehab therapists, some of whom may not have Canvas accounts.  Even if they do have an account, where do I find the "join code" referred to below?

If you are not using Canvas through your institution, you can create your own account. Your instructor will provide you with a join code to link you directly to the course. This code will be sent to you separately from the Canvas email that invites you to join the course

kevin20
Community Member

I have published the course...but my students are professionals (rehab therapists) who are signing up "randomly" for Continuing Education Units so the start/end dates are rolling.  I'm certain that a majority of the therapists will not have a Canvas account.  First step would be for them to create an account, correct?  But, let's assume that some of them do, where do I find the "join code" referred to in this HELP feature below:

If you are not using Canvas through your institution, you can create your own account. Your instructor will provide you with a join code to link you directly to the course. This code will be sent to you separately from the Canvas email that invites you to join the course.

kevin20
Community Member

Thank you so much Chris!  I think you might have just saved me from a weekend of frustration!!