Course invitations and password reset emails will not send out

Jump to solution
zach_springer
Community Novice

I've been trying to debug a problem with our Canvas instance for a while now. No matter what I try, neither course invitations or password reset emails will send out. This would point me towards something to do with outbound email config itself being the issue, but we have other outbound emails that are working. I can't seem to track down the error. There are no errors being written to the delayed job log file. The only thing I can find that might have something to do with it is in the error_reports table. When I run the command `select message, created_at from error_reports order by created_at desc;` it prints out row after row of the following message:  `Canvas::Security::InvalidJwtKey`. I believe this to be the cause. I've been looking through the code base to see if it can give me any clues but I'm drawing a blank.

We can live without the password resets for the time being, but the course invitations not being sent out is a big deal and we have an upcoming class starting next week. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Or maybe you've experienced this and have a solution? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @zach_springer  Welcome to the Canvas Community.

Dare I ask, is the course published? Only then will the invitations send.

If this isn't the case then I would submit a ticket.

Go to your Help menu in the bottom left of Canvas. Then click 'Report a Problem'. 

Best of luck. 

View solution in original post