Courses that are published showing up as Future courses?

Jump to solution
jnv1002
Community Novice

I have a class that starts on Monday. It says the course is published but it is greyed out and I can't do anything with it. Help?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @jnv1002  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  By chance, are you a student?  If so, the instructor may have a date set on that course which controls the access.  For example, if your course starts on Monday, the instructor may have the course start date set to October 30, 2019.  Further, your instructor may have checked off some settings in the course to not allow students to access course content until that date.  This is quite common, but there may be instances where instructors will allow their students to access the course content a few days prior to the official start date of the course.  This Guide, How do I view all my Canvas courses as a student?, goes into more detail about the "Future Enrollments" heading, so I would encourage you to take a few minutes to read through it when you have time.

I hope this helps, Julie.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information...thanks!

View solution in original post