cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mserna
Community Participant

Created Announcement, Did Not Receive Email

Jump to solution

I am a Canvas admin working with an instructor who sent out an Announcement to all students 3 days ago. She did not receive a copy of her own announcement, even though her Notifications settings are set to do so. Anyone have troubleshooting ideas? I verified that her Canvas profile is using the correct email address, and that it's not going into her Spam or Junk folders. I enrolled myself as a student and verified that I did get the email from the announcement.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mserna
Community Participant

Kristin, in this particular case, I asked Network Operations here to trace the email, and sure enough we verified that the email did arrive in the faculty person's email inbox. When I called the faculty person to tell them this, of course she found the email then! So it was user error not a Canvas issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@mserna , have you tried posting a test announcement in her class to see if she gets a notification? Or, enroll the teacher in a sandbox type course as a teacher and then try having her posting again and/or have you post to see if she gets it?

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mserna ‌ - I wanted to take a minute to check-in with you about your announcement email/notification issue. Were you able to find a solution? If so, it would be great to hear what worked! Smiley Happy

mserna
Community Participant

Kristin, in this particular case, I asked Network Operations here to trace the email, and sure enough we verified that the email did arrive in the faculty person's email inbox. When I called the faculty person to tell them this, of course she found the email then! So it was user error not a Canvas issue.

View solution in original post