cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caubjn18
Community Member

Creating Folders in the Inbox Archive

Jump to solution

Can I create folders in the Inbox Archive? I would like to save instructor posts by class for easy reference later.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @caubjn18  Welcome to the Canvas Community!  Thanks for posting your question.  No, there isn't a way to create folders within the "Archived" folder of the Canvas Inbox.  However, this is already taken care of for you by filtering messages.  First, when you are in your Inbox, select the dropdown menu to select the "Archived" folder.  Then, from the dropdown menu just to the left of that, select the course you want to view those messages from.  I tested this out myself, and it worked.  I was only able to see the messages I archived from one course.  Would this work for your needs?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @caubjn18  Welcome to the Canvas Community!  Thanks for posting your question.  No, there isn't a way to create folders within the "Archived" folder of the Canvas Inbox.  However, this is already taken care of for you by filtering messages.  First, when you are in your Inbox, select the dropdown menu to select the "Archived" folder.  Then, from the dropdown menu just to the left of that, select the course you want to view those messages from.  I tested this out myself, and it worked.  I was only able to see the messages I archived from one course.  Would this work for your needs?

View solution in original post

caubjn18
Community Member

Chris Hofer,

Thank you very much! I think that will be a perfect solution.

Jon

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 7:56 PM chofer@morainepark.edu <