Creating an assignment with multiple choice questions.

Jump to solution
charlan
Community Member

I want to create an assignment with multiple-choice questions. It seems to be the only way that I can do this is to create it as a "Quiz". Is there another way? 

2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @charlan ...

You are correct that you will want to use either current/legacy Quizzes or New Quizzes to create your multiple choice questions for your assignment.  There isn't a way to create multiple choice questions in a regular assignment and have Canvas auto-grade them for you.  Here are a couple Guides for you...depending on the version of Quizzes that your school currently has available to you:

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Cheryl.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi  @charlan ...

I cannot speak for Instructure (I work at a Technical College in Wisconsin), so I'm not sure that I really have an answer for you on that.  I do know that there isn't really any more work being done on Old (current) Quizzes, and that New Quizzes are their focus now.  Could you maybe explain why you would want to use a regular assignment for multiple choice questions instead of using tools that are already available in both Old Quizzes and New Quizzes?  It seems to me that you'd be creating a lot more work for yourself, and creating multiple choice questions in a regular assignment wouldn't be able to be graded by the system in this way.  So, if you could give an example or two, that would be helpful.  I would recommend sticking with what's already available.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes