cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan_lasota
Community Member

Crocdoc tool bar has changed, issues...

Jump to solution

The toolbar for the speedgrader crocdoc tool has changed since last week. That's not a big deal, but some of the functionality has changed as well.

I do a lot of paper grading and about 98% of the time I use the highlight marker to select text and leave comments for my students. I can still do this... BUT...

After I have lelft the comment in the side chat bubble thing, the tool reverts to the arrow "cursor" tool. IS there any way to make it stick? I poked around for a preferences window but was unable to find it. Searches within this community have screenshots from the old version of crocdoc, so I didn't expect help there.

Any clues?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

@dan_lasota 

It looks like not seeing Crocodoc but the new Canvas DocViewer that is replacing it. Details are available at Insights: Canvas DocViewer 

One person has already mentioned the problems with the same thing you're talking about and Canvas has asked that all comments and questions be left at the bottom of the blog mentioned above.

I'm also guessing that you're using the Free for Teacher version of Canvas as the change was rolled out there on Monday, June 5. Those using paid accounts will see it sometime between June 14 and June 24.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
James
Community Champion

@dan_lasota 

It looks like not seeing Crocodoc but the new Canvas DocViewer that is replacing it. Details are available at Insights: Canvas DocViewer 

One person has already mentioned the problems with the same thing you're talking about and Canvas has asked that all comments and questions be left at the bottom of the blog mentioned above.

I'm also guessing that you're using the Free for Teacher version of Canvas as the change was rolled out there on Monday, June 5. Those using paid accounts will see it sometime between June 14 and June 24.

View solution in original post

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dan_lasota ‌...

I agree with  @James ‌' response.  I will note, however, that one of the Community Managers,  @Renee_Carney ‌ closed comments today on the blog that James referenced (once a topic gets 100 comments, the discussion becomes difficult to sift through...this one had 99 comments).  So, you'll most-likely need to wait for the next set of Beta Release Notes to be published...which would be this coming Monday evening, June 12th.  Hope this helps.

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@dan_lasota ‌,  @James ‌ and  @chofer ‌ have given you great guidance on DocViewer (the replacement currently being rolled out for the previous annotation product Crocodoc). I'd also recommend that you review  Canvas Community Feedback Guidelines‌ to determine the most appropriate course of action for reporting issues with this or any feature or tool.

dan_lasota
Community Member

Thanks very much for the replies. Yes, I am using the free for teachers version of Canvas. And I will check out the thre for the new Canvas DocViewer.