Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeneen_hill
Community Contributor

Cross-List Help

Jump to solution

Greetings,
Could you help with a question I have about Cross-Listing?  If I cross list the same course that two different teachers teach, when they go to make an assignment, is it possible to just make an assignment to one teachers section?  If so, I am not seeing the sections populated in the "assign to" window?  Thanks so much! #crosslist

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, so you're just missing certain sections? In this case if you start typing the name of the section it will show up as an option you can select. This is what happens when the list gets too long.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jeneen_hill , we don't use cross-listing (we combine on the back end, prior to course creation), but from my limited knowledge when you cross-list courses the sections are retained - How do I cross-list a section in a course as an instructor? You can check this by looking at People and then Section. Is everyone in the same section or are some students in different sections? If you have different sections in the course then when you go to differentiate the assignments the different sections should show up. Here's a guide that shows what you should be seeing and able to do - How do I assign an assignment to a course section? 

jeneen_hill
Community Contributor

248458_Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.23.00 PM.png

248498_Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 12.23.19 PM.png

Thanks so much for the response!-  In the bottom picture I can see the sections have been cross-listed, but when I go to assign, I can't see the sections.  Is this correct? 

Ah, so you're just missing certain sections? In this case if you start typing the name of the section it will show up as an option you can select. This is what happens when the list gets too long.

jeneen_hill
Community Contributor

Thank you both so much.  Yes they were there, I searched earlier by last name and it didn't work. Once I used the course code, it worked.