cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_fouvy
Community Member

DELETING STUDENT SUBMISSIONS

Jump to solution

Can an instructor (assume student has given permission) delete a student assessment submission from canvas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @david_fouvy  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  The short answer to your question is: No.  #SadPanda  Questions similar to yours get asked every now and again, and so I wanted to point you to a few resources that have already been posted to the Community site:

I know this might not be the answer your were hoping for, but I do hope that it will help to answer your question.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks David.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @david_fouvy  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  The short answer to your question is: No.  #SadPanda  Questions similar to yours get asked every now and again, and so I wanted to point you to a few resources that have already been posted to the Community site:

I know this might not be the answer your were hoping for, but I do hope that it will help to answer your question.  Please let Community members know if you have any additional questions about this.  Thanks David.

View solution in original post

bourjaim
Community Participant

Canvas users have been asking for this ability for literally years.  Why hasn't this been implemented?

Also, your first link is broken.  Not surprising.

lleach4
Community Member

The only times where I have been able to delete a student submission is when assignments are created as a graded discussion. Because the submissions are discussion posts, there is an option to delete them, therefore deleting the submission for that particular student. 

This works in some instances where the goal is to have peer reviews or feedback, however it wouldn't be applicable for assignments where the submission is to only be seen by the instructor.

Given the tendency of some students to submit blank documents or posts in order to bypass required assignment submissions, I would like to see a feature that allows instructors to delete individual submission in order to avoid this loophole students have found and are sharing with others.