cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mskaggs
Community Participant

Dashboard Course Folders

Jump to solution

Our district has been using Canvas for 5 years. In that time, I have joined several courses - some useful and others not worth a revisit. Even with the ability to favorite, move, change colors, and add an image for each course, my dashboard is cluttered. I would love to know if developers have thought about creating folders for better organization. I want to title and click on the folder, "Training" to view any in-district training courses. Likewise, I'd love to title and click on a different folder "Content" to view my courses that I actually teach. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lmoreira
Community Contributor

Hi  @mskaggs ‌,

Even though you can't create folders in the dashboard, you can choose what courses should be shown in the dashboard. To do that, just click on courses (on the left side menu), go to all courses and "Star" the courses you want to show up. This helps to de-clutter your dashboard.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lmoreira
Community Contributor

Hi  @mskaggs ‌,

Even though you can't create folders in the dashboard, you can choose what courses should be shown in the dashboard. To do that, just click on courses (on the left side menu), go to all courses and "Star" the courses you want to show up. This helps to de-clutter your dashboard.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@mskaggs ‌, Lucas has given you a great suggestion. In addition, you might be interested in supporting this feature idea: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10165-customize-the-view-in-dashboard 

mskaggs
Community Participant

I appreciate the feedback  @lmoreira . I upvoted the  idea that stefaniesanders  mentioned { https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/10165-customize-the-view-in-dashboard } because I think we might be interested in the same thing. Even with the ability to use the star, I am not a fan of my cluttered dashboard.