cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arosine
Community Member

Dashboard problem

Jump to solution

Hello, I am a CANVAS instructor who uses a MAC with Chrome and Firefox as my browsers.  When I log into CANVAS, I cannot get my dashboard to be the first thing I see.  The list of courses (which is quite extensive at my school) is what come up first.  I understand that I can click on "dashboard" to view my courses, but it would be nice if my dashboard would be the first thing I see. 
Thank you,

Amy Rosine

Kansas state University

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@arosine , greetings! Do you have the link to Canvas bookmarked on your computer? If so, then I'm wondering if it has to do with the bookmark because I'm not sure of another way to get Courses to show up first rather than the Dashboard. My recommendation is to try using the direct login URL to your school's Canvas environment - https://www.k-state.edu/canvas/ - and see if this takes you to the dashboard or not. If it does, then you'd want to update the bookmarks on your computer and the problem should be fixed.

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

5 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@arosine , greetings! Do you have the link to Canvas bookmarked on your computer? If so, then I'm wondering if it has to do with the bookmark because I'm not sure of another way to get Courses to show up first rather than the Dashboard. My recommendation is to try using the direct login URL to your school's Canvas environment - https://www.k-state.edu/canvas/ - and see if this takes you to the dashboard or not. If it does, then you'd want to update the bookmarks on your computer and the problem should be fixed.

Hope this helps!

Kona

View solution in original post

Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @arosine ‌
When you log in and see the list, do you see three dots in the top right corner like this? If you click the dots, it gives a menu to determine the dashboard view. If "List view" is ticked, try selecting "Card view" instead. 

284687_pastedImage_1.png

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @arosine 

This is not expected behavior in Canvas, regardless of the browser. what I suspect is a customization by your school, and suggest talking with you Canvas Admin/Support department.

You can find a link for KSU Support Help at Get Help 

Kelley

arosine
Community Member

Well THAT was easy! Thank you!!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yay!!! 🙂