cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lml150
Community Member

Deactivate or Delete a User: User Email Confirmation?

Jump to solution

If I deactivate or delete a user from a Canvas course, does the user receive an email or any other information stating s/he has been removed from the course?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi L L,

I just tested this scenario and while they do get a notification if you manually enroll a person into the course they do not get a notification if you deactivate or delete them from the course. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
bneporadny
Community Champion

Hi L L,

I just tested this scenario and while they do get a notification if you manually enroll a person into the course they do not get a notification if you deactivate or delete them from the course. 

View solution in original post

Thanks! So, from what you wrote, the answer is No. The user will not receive any sort of notification or email alerting them that they have been deleted or deactivated.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, lml150...

I have gone ahead and marked  @bneporadny 's answer as "Correct" because he has provided you with some good information.  I know this is not related to your original question, but I noticed that your display name here in the Community is "L L".  I wanted to share this link with you: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-14881-75187841090?sr=search&searchId=054c91bf-a160-4705-bc2...  Specifically, please review the paragraph under "Be you."  Hoping this will be of help to you.  It's great to have you here in the Community!  Please stop by again soon!  We are here to help.