Deeper into Mastery Paths

Jump to solution
saurilio
Community Participant

I've spent a lot of time looking through the Mastery Paths questions and responses and still haven't solved some of my issues. So I went back to this Guide on How to use MP  and am wondering if some of the issues I'm encountering are a result of these points in the guide.

1. It says: When creating MasteryPaths, source assignments and all differentiated course items should be created, and differentiated items should be designated as conditional items before publishing the course.
    My course has been published from the start. It's only a sandbox so that doesn't matter.
  2. If your institution uses a student information system (SIS) and requires due dates for assignments, any MasteryPaths assignments assigned to one or more students are currently not validated. Please use with caution when syncing to your SIS.
    I don't know if this is the case with the SIS and due dates. But what exactly does currently not validated mean? And what should we understand with use with caution when syncing to your SIS?

Not mentioned in the guide:

1. Does testing with an actual student account as compared with the test student give you different results?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi!

With your second point, I think the guide is refers to what happens when you have an automatically assigned item. Right now, when using an initial assessment to distribute next-steps, those "follow-up" assignments will not have a due-date automatically applied to them for students who qualify for them, even if the shell/template does. The teacher needs to manually adjust the due dates before they are applied to student to-do lists/calendars and SIS systems.

I think you'll like this idea that is currently open for conversation:Mastery Paths: Automatically Set Conditional Item Due Dates 

View solution in original post