cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blane
Community Member

Deleting Assignments in Canvas and Syncing to Power School

So I'm taking over an online class that was taught by another teacher last quarter. They did not set up their grade weights properly and this Quarter I would like to change it. I'm going to leave 1st Quarter alone since they have already seen their grades. 

This will involve changing grading category names and weights. I have imported the new categories from Power School but Canvas will not let me apply weights to them. When I hit save nothing happens.

So 2 questions:

1. Can I have different categories in different Quarters?
  2. If I delete assignments from 1st Quarter, will that delete them in Power School? 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @blane ,

I will admit I have never used Powerschool before, though wanted to share your question with the Canvas Admins‌ group in the hope that someone there may have.

I hope that helps!

Stuart

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@blane ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie