Deleting courses

Jump to solution
stheberge
Community Novice

How do I delete old Canvas courses I no longer need?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @stheberge ...

Are you a student or an instructor?  Depending on your role at your school, the answer will vary.

If you are a student, you can use the information in this Guide to "favorite" courses on your Dashboard: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?.  Students aren't usually able to delete courses entirely on their own.  You can talk with your school's local Canvas administrator to see what policies they have in place for deleting courses from your account.

If you are an instructor, you may be able to delete courses following the steps in this Guide: How do I delete a course as an instructor?  However, your school Canvas administrators may have configured settings that do not allow you to delete courses on your own.  You would need to contact your local Canvas administrator at your school to learn what policies they have in place for keeping/removing courses in your school's Canvas environment.  However, you can use this Guide to "favorite" courses: How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor?

I hope this information will be of help to you, Sarah.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post