Deleting rubric from marked assignment

Jump to solution
david_hall2
Community Explorer

I am wanting to remove a rubric from an assignment that has already been marked in Speedgrader using the rubric tool to total marks. The assignments have not been released to students as of yet. My question is: will this impact the scores provided using the tool?

From my own testing and some discussions I found around this in the community, I think the rubric tool in Speedgrader really functions as just a calculator. The score put into the score box is what is passed to Gradebook.

So, if I remove this rubric from the assignment, is it true that it will not affect any scores provided to students?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @david_hall2 ...

I'm not entirely sure of the answer to your question about removing the rubric from your assignment.  However, what you could do is test this out in your school's Canvas "test" environment.  This environment is completely separate from your school's "production" environment (the environment you are used to signing in to on a daily basis).  Anything you do in "test" will not be reflected in "production", so you can play around with different settings without being concerned about it affecting anything (including student data) in "production".  Here's a Guide for you on how to access your school's "test" environment: How do I access the Canvas test environment as an ... - Canvas Community.  Just be sure to sign out of your "test" environment before returning to your normal "production" environment: How do I log out of Canvas as an instructor? - Canvas Community.

I hope this will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post