cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sweetkaress
Community Member

Device paired

Jump to solution

I cannot view my child’s info once i paired my device. Any ideas why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sweetkaress ‌ -

I'm glad that the new pairing codes worked for you and your child!

I wouldn't worry about there not being a course or set of courses to follow quite yet. There could be a couple reasons why nothing is populating quite yet, even though you are correctly linked to your child's student account.

1.  Your child's district may have a setting selected which prevents students and observers from viewing and/or interacting with course content before the start of the term.

2.  Your child's teacher(s) may not have published their course yet.

I think that with time, your child's course(s) will display appropriately with some time! As soon as your child sees something in Canvas, you will too! If you don't see anything in Canvas Parent by the first or second day of school, I encourage you to reach out to your local Canvas administrator for help. (How do I get help with the Canvas Parent app?)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sweetkaress ‌, 

Thanks for reaching out. Just so we can help you further, are you talking about the Canvas Parent app and linking your student through a pairing code? 

Thanks. 

Yes, I paired it with the code I received from my childs computer

Yes.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sweetkaress ‌ -

I'm glad that the new pairing codes worked for you and your child!

I wouldn't worry about there not being a course or set of courses to follow quite yet. There could be a couple reasons why nothing is populating quite yet, even though you are correctly linked to your child's student account.

1.  Your child's district may have a setting selected which prevents students and observers from viewing and/or interacting with course content before the start of the term.

2.  Your child's teacher(s) may not have published their course yet.

I think that with time, your child's course(s) will display appropriately with some time! As soon as your child sees something in Canvas, you will too! If you don't see anything in Canvas Parent by the first or second day of school, I encourage you to reach out to your local Canvas administrator for help. (How do I get help with the Canvas Parent app?)

View solution in original post

rseilham
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sweetkaress ‌, 

Just wanted to follow up to find out if you ever saw your child's courses? Let us know. We're here to help!

Good Day Mr. Seilhamer,

Yes, thank you for following up.

Thanks again,

Carmen Stilwagen

Carmen's iPhone