cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvs76
Community Member

Different test timing for different students using a MindTap quiz integrated into Canvas.

Jump to solution

I'm using MindTap and Canvas.  I want to assign a MindTap quiz to everyone, but I want to give one student more time than the others.  The MindTap quiz has been imported into Canvas. I can assign, within MindTap, a time limit, but I don't seem to be able to limit which students can take the test.  I can limit who can take the test in Canvas, but when I'm using a test imported from MindTap rather than creating it myself, I see no way to set a time limit.  I can create a separate test for the student in Canvas, but I don't seem to be able to create a separate test in MindTap to assign to that student.  Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution to it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Since this seemed to be an integration problem, I've been working with Cengage too, and the solution seems to be with MindTap. In MindTap, you go into the grade book, click on the name of the student who needs more time, then click on the test (in this case, Wrap It Up test 1 or 2, etc.). Then a choice will pop up to give the student more time. No one has actually taken the test yet, but I think the problem will be solved through MindTap, with nothing to do in Canvas. Thanks, though.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hi there,  @bvs76 !

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the MindTap test integration with Canvas. I'm going to share this with the Higher Education‌ group to hopefully get some additional traction for you to see if we can get you a resolution!

kenneth_rogers
Community Champion

Hello,  @bvs76 ! I wanted to follow up and see if maybe you were able to work something out while we wait and see if someone else has an idea? We'd love to hear from you!

Since this seemed to be an integration problem, I've been working with Cengage too, and the solution seems to be with MindTap. In MindTap, you go into the grade book, click on the name of the student who needs more time, then click on the test (in this case, Wrap It Up test 1 or 2, etc.). Then a choice will pop up to give the student more time. No one has actually taken the test yet, but I think the problem will be solved through MindTap, with nothing to do in Canvas. Thanks, though.

View solution in original post