cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_williamson
Community Contributor

Digital vs Traditional Paper Assignments

Jump to solution

I am currently using Canvas in a blended classroom setting.  Students submit work for grading both in the digital format and the traditional paper for grading.  I am looking for a easy way to have an assignment in Canvas that I only can update after I grade the student's assignment.   Currently I make a assignment in Canvas with only one essay questions equal to the point value of the assignment and place a access code on the assignment, which doesn't allow a student access  to the assignment.    My current way works just wondering if there was a easier way to accomplish this task.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tross
Community Champion

If you change the assignment type to On Paper, the student will see the assignment on their calendar but there is nothing for them to submit.  You will get a column in your gradebook to allow you to enter grades.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tross
Community Champion

If you change the assignment type to On Paper, the student will see the assignment on their calendar but there is nothing for them to submit.  You will get a column in your gradebook to allow you to enter grades.

View solution in original post

john_williamson
Community Contributor

Terri,

Thanks so much I got so used to creating everything as a quiz, I completely overlooked making the assignment feature.  Thanks

John