cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbrown10
Community Participant

Disable Download on Embedded Audio Files

Is it possible to remove the download option from an embedded audio file?

I know that I can restrict access in the files folder but when a file is embedded in a page, the download option is always there.

I can always use a different hosting service to host the files and provide a private link but I would like to keep everything in Canvas as much as possible so id love to know if this is possible.

Cheers

4 Replies
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jbrown10 ,

Out of the box there is not, however, you may be able to achieve something with custom javascript. With that in mind, I have taken the opportunity to share your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group.

Someone in the Canvas Devs group may have done this before, and hopefully might be able to point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

jbrown10
Community Participant

Thanks Stuart,

It turns out it may not be necessary for me to disable downloads for the course im building after all but if that option does become available, im sure it would come in handy at some point.

Thanks for sharing it to the dev group

Cheers
Joel

stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @jbrown10 ,

Thanks for letting us know and no worries at all! I will leave it open as unanswered for a while in that case to see if anyone has attempted this before or has any ideas that may help you in future.

Cheers,
Stuart

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@jbrown10 ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie