Disable calendar cache

Jump to solution
BentonJohnson
Community Member

How do I disable caching the calendar on the mobile app but continue to cache the login. Every day my calendar fails to start due to cache issues, and I need to reset the app to use the calendar. I'm tired of re-logging in every 10 minuites, just to use the most basic feature of Canvas, the calendar.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @BentonJohnson 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with calendar cache. There isn't really a "reset cache" option for the  calendar specifically. It should be remembering  which courses you  have enabled and all events associated,  meetings you've signed up for, etc. If you need to reset the  cache it is the similar process from an internet browser and your mobile device:

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots 
Click settings and then Clear browsing data.
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks 
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If you are using the Canvas app currently we also recommend doing the same thing:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Student-iOS-Guide/What-Student-app-options-can-I-manage-fr...

Hopefully this helps! 

View solution in original post