Disabling comments in Canvas Studio

Jump to solution
paul_rittman
Community Member

I am trying to embed a video from Canvas Studio into an assignment for one of my classes. I can get the video embedded just fine. But I cannot seem to disable comments. When I am editing the video and inserting captions, I can click on the gear icon and turn off comments. But when I then embed it in the canvas page that I want it to be seen, I see that comments are allowed, and the field below the video that invites students to comment, is shown. 

I have seen this response here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Question-Forum/Disabling-Comments-in-Studio-Videos/m-p/397...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what to do, if this is the correct approach to resolving my issue. Can someone break that response down for me? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

@derek4 wrote:

Take the video out of your course. (If you have it in studio, you can just delete it.)

@derek4 ...

I'm not sure I agree with the text I've highlighted in bold.  I'm not sure why it would be necessary to delete the video in @paul_rittman's Studio library.  It sounds like he is wanting to embed the Studio video in his course without any comments.  Once Paul has included the video in his Studio library, he can then use this Guide to embed the video in any of his courses.  How do I embed Canvas Studio media in a Canvas cou... - Instructure Community  The section on "Select Embed Options" shows how you can toggle the "Display Media Tabs" option on/off to include (or not include) an area for commenting on the video.

I hope this will help you both.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions...thanks!

View solution in original post