Disappearing Student Profile

Jump to solution
roboleary
Community Novice

A student's profile has disappeared and I didn't remove it. When I set up my class, I didn't include this student. Although he didn't inform me of this, he was able to send an invitation (somehow) himself. I remember grading his work but he told me a week ago that his profile and grades are now gone. Once again, I didn't delete anything. Where could his profile have gone? #Missing

0 Likes
1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi  @roboleary .  Your best bet to find out what happened is probably to contact Canvas Support directly (see How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) or someone who is a Canvas administrator at your institution.  Depending on how your instance is set up, if a student disappeared from a course is could be that they were removed by some sort of administrative process, like dropping the class.  It could be that something else is going on as well, which is why someone with access to your account specifically and that of the student may need to do a bit of digging.  The Canvas Community is great for answering many questions, but since we cannot see your class specifically it may be difficult to investigate what your have noticed and what could be the cause.

I hope this helps and best wishes!

View solution in original post

0 Likes