cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miriamkerzner
Community Member

Discussion Board Post Notifications

Jump to solution

Is there a way to get a notification when students post to the discussion boards?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @miriamkerzner  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Absolutely!  Please check out this Guide: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?  When you go to your own "Notifications" screen, you'll want to look at the two rows under the "Discussions" heading.  You can also position your mouse cursor over the text for "Discussion" and "Discussion Post" in those two rows to see additional information about those notifications.

And, if you want, you can add additional ways to be contacted...such as another e-mail address or a text message to your phone.  Here are some other Guides for you:

How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as an instructor? 

How do I add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas as an instructor? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13045-4152719742 

Once you have added any additional contact methods, return to your "Notifications" screen, and you'll see additional columns where you can choose how frequently you want to receive notifications to those contact methods.

I hope this helps, Miriam.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @miriamkerzner  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  Absolutely!  Please check out this Guide: How do I set my Canvas notification preferences as an instructor?  When you go to your own "Notifications" screen, you'll want to look at the two rows under the "Discussions" heading.  You can also position your mouse cursor over the text for "Discussion" and "Discussion Post" in those two rows to see additional information about those notifications.

And, if you want, you can add additional ways to be contacted...such as another e-mail address or a text message to your phone.  Here are some other Guides for you:

How do I add contact methods to receive Canvas notifications as an instructor? 

How do I add an additional email address as a contact method in Canvas as an instructor? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13045-4152719742 

Once you have added any additional contact methods, return to your "Notifications" screen, and you'll see additional columns where you can choose how frequently you want to receive notifications to those contact methods.

I hope this helps, Miriam.

View solution in original post