cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarah-canatsey
Community Member

Discussion: Paper trail for deletion

Jump to solution

I have a faculty who is looking for a way to either hide a student post, or be able to retrieve a deleted post. The reason for removing the post include plagiarism, wrong prompt, or inappropriate. The issue is they still want to be able to reference the post later if it’s needed for a grade complaint. Right now they are just making screenshots, but this isn’t a very efficient way to keep a paper trail.

They tried the “view deleted posts” and it only showed their posts, and not the student posts they deleted.

They would like to just “hide” the specific post from view, but not necessarily delete it. Is this possible currently? Or is there a request for a similar feature already up for voting? I didn’t see anything in the search I did. 

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sarah-canatsey  

Currently, this is not possible in Canvas, There are feature ideas, currently open for voting that support this function, and you might wish to check them out, add your own use-case scenarios, and support them with your vote.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope this helps.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @sarah-canatsey  

Currently, this is not possible in Canvas, There are feature ideas, currently open for voting that support this function, and you might wish to check them out, add your own use-case scenarios, and support them with your vote.

I know this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I hope this helps.

Kelley

0 Kudos