cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmallen
Community Member

Discussion Posts in Blueprint Courses

Jump to solution

When I create a discussion in a Blueprint course, the discussion shows me as the creator. When I sync this Blueprint course with the associated courses, will I still be the creator of the discussion or will my name and picture be replaced with the instructor of the course?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack

Good question,  @kmallen ‌!  I actually had to test this real quick in a sample site to validate what I was pretty sure was the expected behavior, and fortunately it was:  NO, your name is NOT attached to the post, nor is your avatar picture.  It's just kind of an avatar-less/author-less discussion.  Here's a screen capture of the one I just tried, from the perspective of the associated course:

Blueprint discussion

Furthermore, it does NOT make a difference whether it is "locked" or not; no image appears at all.

I hope this helps, Kristen.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kblack

Good question,  @kmallen ‌!  I actually had to test this real quick in a sample site to validate what I was pretty sure was the expected behavior, and fortunately it was:  NO, your name is NOT attached to the post, nor is your avatar picture.  It's just kind of an avatar-less/author-less discussion.  Here's a screen capture of the one I just tried, from the perspective of the associated course:

Blueprint discussion

Furthermore, it does NOT make a difference whether it is "locked" or not; no image appears at all.

I hope this helps, Kristen.

kmallen
Community Member

That is helpful,  @kblack ‌! So I'm assuming that means the instructor will not be subscribed to this forum by default?

Hi  @kmallen ‌; I hadn't thought of that. Good catch!  From what I can tell...no.  The usual tell-tale green check-mark is not there.