cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marek-suchocki
Community Participant

Discussion Posts

Jump to solution

How to eliminate double spacing in discussion posts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi  @marek-suchocki  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  The easiest way to do this is to hit SHIFT + ENTER on your keyboard at the end of a paragraph or sentence.  This will bump your cursor to the next line...single spaced.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
James
Community Champion

@marek-suchocki , 

If you are typing the document in the discussion, just hit the enter key once at the end of the paragraph.

If you are copy/pasting from somewhere else that has double lines, you may need to position your mouse at the beginning of a paragraph and hit backspace.

In some cases, there are hidden line breaks at the end of pasted material. In this case, you may need to backspace enough times until the paragraphs are joined and then hit enter once.

marek-suchocki
Community Participant
James,
When I'm typing in the reply box and I hit enter, it's making it double spaced. For example: name - hit enter (double spaced) and next, very short sentence - hit enter (double spaced) and again, very short sentence - hit enter (double spaced).
How can I eliminate this? I couldn't find anything to remedy it in the Reach Content Editor.
How can I use different fonts in this discussion box editor?

Thanks,
Marek
P.S. I've just done copy and paste of the above. It changed font size in some sentences. How can I change it? 

Hi  @marek-suchocki  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  The easiest way to do this is to hit SHIFT + ENTER on your keyboard at the end of a paragraph or sentence.  This will bump your cursor to the next line...single spaced.  Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

marek-suchocki
Community Participant

Hello Chris,

It worked.

Thanks!

Marek