cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bashepherd11
Community Member

Discussion board

Jump to solution

I need to introduce myself on the discussion board in one of my online classes how do I start a thread to do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @bashepherd11  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Discussion topics are generally created by the instructor, but depending on the instructor's course preferences, he/she may allow (or not allow) new discussion topics to be created by students.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10474-4212724131   More than likely, your instructor has already created an "Introduction" topic in your course.  Check to see if you have a "Discussions" menu on the left hand side of your course.  How do I view Discussions as a student?   The topic would be located on that screen.  If you don't see a "Discussions" menu, try looking for it within your "Modules" screen...as this is generally where instructors would organize all their course content.  Once you find the topic you're looking for, you can use the following Guide to reply: How do I reply to a discussion as a student? 

I hope this information is helpful to you, Beth.  Please let us know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @bashepherd11  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Discussion topics are generally created by the instructor, but depending on the instructor's course preferences, he/she may allow (or not allow) new discussion topics to be created by students.  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10474-4212724131   More than likely, your instructor has already created an "Introduction" topic in your course.  Check to see if you have a "Discussions" menu on the left hand side of your course.  How do I view Discussions as a student?   The topic would be located on that screen.  If you don't see a "Discussions" menu, try looking for it within your "Modules" screen...as this is generally where instructors would organize all their course content.  Once you find the topic you're looking for, you can use the following Guide to reply: How do I reply to a discussion as a student? 

I hope this information is helpful to you, Beth.  Please let us know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post