cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rls4rf
Community Member

Discussion post threads

How do you create a new thread on a discussion post that the teacher has posted? 

4 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rls4rf  ...

It sounds like you would like to reply to a discussion topic that your teacher/instructor has created in your course.  Please check out this Guide for how to do that: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10561-4212190706 

Please let us know if you have any questions about this...thanks!

rls4rf
Community Member

Chris, 

My teacher said to not reply to her post but to create our own tread. I can not find anything on the website as how to do this without creating a whole new discussion. Does my teacher mean to create a whole new discussion post of our own. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rls4rf ‌...

Your instructor has an option in the course "Settings" that can be turned on/off to allow/not allow students to create discussion postings in your class.  Similarly, there is a separate option that can also be turned on/off to let students edit/not edit and delete/not delete their own discussion postings.  I wonder if this is what you are referring to?  If so, your instructor would want to take a look at this Guide for further assistance: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10255-415257087  (Check out the "View More Options" sections in that link.)  I hope this helps, Rachel.  If not, you'll probably need to ask your instructor what he/she is requiring...as members of the Canvas Community would not have access to your school's Canvas environment.

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @rls4rf ‌ ~

It's been a few weeks since we've heard from you! How did your discussion post go? Were the resources that  @chofer ‌ provided helpful? Let us know how things worked out for you or if you have any other questions.

For now, I'm going to mark this question as "assumed answered", but that will not prevent you or any other Community member from commenting or reopening the question. Smiley Happy