cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbohnert
Community Member

Discussion postings

Jump to solution

Are there no notifications when new posting occur in Discussions?  On my first day I had no idea  that six students had introduced themselves on a discussion thread.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@mbohnert , yes: students' replies to a Discussion generate notifications, as long as you are subscribed to the discussion and have set your notification preferences accordingly. Please refer to How do I subscribe to a Discussion as an instructor? The guide details not only the subscribe/unsubscribe process but also the notification needed for the posts, as also explained in What are the default Canvas Notification Preferences? and How do I set my Notification Preferences? Note that unless you change it, the default notification preference for discussions to which you have subscribed is "Discussion Post: Send daily."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@mbohnert , yes: students' replies to a Discussion generate notifications, as long as you are subscribed to the discussion and have set your notification preferences accordingly. Please refer to How do I subscribe to a Discussion as an instructor? The guide details not only the subscribe/unsubscribe process but also the notification needed for the posts, as also explained in What are the default Canvas Notification Preferences? and How do I set my Notification Preferences? Note that unless you change it, the default notification preference for discussions to which you have subscribed is "Discussion Post: Send daily."

View solution in original post