cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kteague1
Community Member

Display of my homepage

My Canvas home page looks like a mobile site. I am on a desktop and the icons are huge and it is hard to navigate through the site efficiently. Any suggestions?

18 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kteague1 ​, that sounds pretty strange. Is it possible for you to post a screen shot of what your home page looks like? That might help us diagnose the problem!

Thanks!

kteague1
Community Member

Thanks for responding. Here's some screen shots.

202500_pastedImage_2.png202501_pastedImage_3.png

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache, switching browsers, or restarting your computer? I'd start with these things and see if the problem resolves itself.

kteague1
Community Member

Okay. I'm going to try those suggestions. Thank you!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Let us know if anything works!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kteague1 ​...

I wanted to check in with you.  Did the suggestions from  @kona ​ help to resolve the issue with your course and the large icons?

garth
Community Champion

@kimberly_teague I have seen this before when the CSS is either not loading, or the CSS has become corrupt.

When this happened, was their any customization being done to the styling for your Canvas instance?

jwb297
Community Member

I am having this same issue.

I did try multiple browsers, restarts, and cleared my cache...its the same issue in all cases. I can only assume that means its a more general computer setting that is causing the problem and not specifically within a browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jeremy

garth
Community Champion

If the problem is happening across multiple broswers, can you confirm that other people are having the same issue?

Have you tried it on a different network?

Or on a different computer?

I have seen this issue in the past when the CSS is either not being delivered (DNS issue?) or when the CSS is malformed.

If other's are seeing the same issue, contact your Canvas admin.

If others are not seeing the same issue, try accessing Canvas from a different network.

Do you know how to use the browser developer tools?  The next step would be to inspect the HTML and styling to see exactly what is going on.  If this is something you are not comfortable doing contact Canvas support.