Do Calendar courses change spontaneously as you are enrolled in new courses?

Jump to solution
glparker
Community Champion

I received the following scenario last night, and while I try to setup a test, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen and can confirm this behavior

My son uses the calendar feature and when he clicks on the agenda tab, he can select which courses he wants assignments displayed by due date. The problem appears that there is a max number of 10. Whenever a new course is added, it seems to drop one of the previously selected courses without telling you, and he missed an assignment because it wasn’t showing as due. It was just dropped off this view.

Is this known behavior?   

1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

Hello  @glparker ‌, not sure if it is "known behavior" but I can tell you that the Calendar is alpha so if the course added came before alphabetically the course with the fallen off assignment, and also had items to display for that day, then it would potentially push items down. 

I don't think it is normal though in the fact that I would not say it is common for courses to be added randomly/mid term.  At least at the 3 institutions I have worked for, there are only 3 times courses change, Fall, Spring, Summer.  Once courses are set, it is rare that a student is added to a course and thus create assignments to be moved around in the calendar.  I know there are special circumstances such as other schedules or class changes, just would not think it is super common that it would create a situation like this regularly.  

Not sure that helps, but thought I would throw it out there.

-Nick

View solution in original post