Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_Pratt
Community Contributor

Do Groups in Collaborations all work on the same doc?

Jump to solution

In collaborations, if you choose student groups that you have previously established in People, do you have to create a separate collaboration for each group or will collaborations create a separate document for each group you choose?

In other words, I have a class of 20 divided into 5 groups. If I create a collaboration and pull in the 5 groups, will all 5 groups be working on the one document (in essence I could have just clicked every student) or will collaborations create 5 separate documents where each group can only collaborate on their document? I don't have course with groups that I can try.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I believe it depends on if the collaboration is housed within the group space or within the actual class space.  Any content within the group space stays within that group.  But on the other hand, you can create a collaborative document within the course and everyone enrolled will have access to it. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

I believe it depends on if the collaboration is housed within the group space or within the actual class space.  Any content within the group space stays within that group.  But on the other hand, you can create a collaborative document within the course and everyone enrolled will have access to it. 

Bill_Pratt
Community Contributor

Thanks. I didn't even think about Group Space. That offers a little different take on this.