Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smccarthy

Does CANVAS conversations communication also get sent to email account

Jump to solution

Use use CANVAS for online courses as well as web enhanced courses. I have been told by students in both types of courses that when I send a conversation communication to them individually via CANVAS it also generates an email to their university email account. Please confirm if this is so or not.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @smccarthy ‌!

Depending on each student's personal notification preferences, students can receive a copy of any message sent through Conversations in their university email account as well. Many of my students have their preferences set up this way, and they also like that they can reply from the message in their school email because it connects back with the Canvas Inbox. 

For a more detailed look at notifications, this PDF is really helpful.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi  @smccarthy ‌!

Depending on each student's personal notification preferences, students can receive a copy of any message sent through Conversations in their university email account as well. Many of my students have their preferences set up this way, and they also like that they can reply from the message in their school email because it connects back with the Canvas Inbox. 

For a more detailed look at notifications, this PDF is really helpful.