cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glparker
Community Champion

Does CAS support federated_attributes mapping when using JustInTime provisioning?

Good Morning,

I'm experimenting with Just In Time provisioning of user accounts that authenticate using our CAS system.   The JIT part is working, but I'm stuck mapping attributes coming from CAS to Canvas.   

This document talks about federated_attributes, but the section on CAS doesn't seem to include them.   Does this mean I cannot map attributes from CAS to Canvas, or is this a documentation oversight?

Authentication Providers - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation 

Also, related question, does anyone have an example of an API call that includes PUTting or POSTing federated_attributes?    There's no example in teh guide of what the format for federated_attributes should look like?   It's unclear if it's object notation, comma separated list, or what?

Thanks, Glen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@glparker , due to the technical nature of this question I'm going to share it with the Canvas Developers‌ group in the Community. They are the ones that manage these types of functions in Canvas and should hopefully be able to help!

Kona

0 Kudos
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@glparker ,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
tilk

I would like to know the answer too. We're considering using Canvas at University of Wrocław. We'd like to use CAS for authenticating students. I've set up a local installation of Canvas, and while CAS login works fine, real name and e-mails don't get imported from CAS. I can't see any configuration option to do that.

0 Kudos