Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtaylor21

Does Canvas link to CASE?

Hi I just returned from the C-BEN (Competency Based Education Network) Exchange and learned about a new software tool that seems like a tremendous asset to our students who are demonstrating achievement of specific competencies. One of the benefits of using this tool is its ability ability to link to the LMS. The folks from IMS Global who support CASE indicate they are working with several LMS vendors. I was wondering if Canvas is currently or planning in the future to work with CASE? Jean

https://www.imsglobal.org/activity/case

5 Replies
awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @jtaylor21  Welcometo the Canvas Community! I'm going to move this question to the main Find Answers‌ area so it will be seen by more people and because I don't believe this question is specific to Priority: Canvas Teacher App‌. If there's anything you ever need here don't hesitate to reach out!

Thanks this is my first post so I could not quite navigate the where to post questions.

Best wishes, Jean

Jean M. Taylor, Ph.D.

Executive Director, Accreditation, Assessment and Strategy

School of Liberal Arts

Chair, Institutional Review Board

Exceslior College

7 Columbia Circle

Albany, NY 12203

(518) 608-8475

Cell (518) 248-6294

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jtaylor21 ...

As I was reviewing older questions here in the Canvas Community, I came across your question.  Although I don't really have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you.  It seems as though you may have stumped members of the Community with your question.  Have you been able to come up with any answers on your own since you first posted this question on October 6, 2017?  If so, would you be willing to share what you've learned back here in this thread?  Or, if you are still looking for some assistance from Community members, please let us know that as well.  I'm going to go ahead and mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because we've necessarily found an answer for you but because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for four months.  This won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below, however.  I hope that this is alright with you, Jean.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

0 Kudos

Thank you for checking back on my question. The answer is no actually not any specific information has been forthcoming. I was thinking that since CASE and SALT too are fairly new then the LMS integrations have not been addressed yet?

Best wishes, Jean

Jean M. Taylor, Ph.D.

Executive Director, Accreditation, Assessment and Strategy

School of Liberal Arts

Chair, Institutional Review Board

Exceslior College

7 Columbia Circle

Albany, NY 12203

(518) 608-8475

Jtaylor2@excelsior.edu<mailto:Jtaylor2@excelsior.edu>

Hi  @jtaylor21 ‌

I wanted to do a little digging for you, but am not getting anything related to CASE as a tool. Easily found Council for Advancement and Support of Education, and of course Case Construction Equipment.

Could you please expand the acronym, and I will see what I can find.

Kelley