cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wreyford_l
Community Member

Does anyone have a creative work-around for adding standards to assignments?

Piloting Canvas right now. Our teachers need to have an easily accessible field in assignments where they can select the standards that go with the lesson. Is there some other way that would allow the tracking of standards in some other way than using the outcomes/rubrics craziness. Has your district created rubrics for every conceivable standard for your teachers?

Has anyone found a trick? Do teachers attach a document to the assignment that have the standards? Do they copy and paste the standards into the rich text field? I've attached some screenshots of what we currently have. This is the only thing that worries us about our adoption of Canvas. Just a little clickable field in the assignment setup that could access the standards. Anyone figure out a work-around?

2 Replies
Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

@wreyford_l reat question. I'm keen to hear what others have to say about this also. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @wreyford_l ...

I am reviewing some of the older questions here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  While I don't really have an answer for you, I wanted to check in with you because I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted your question on April 5, 2019.  It appears that you may have stumped the Community with your question.  Have you been able to find any solutions on your own since you first posted your question?  If so, would you be willing to share your findings with us?  Or, if you are still looking for some help, please let us know that as well by posting a note below so that someone from the Community might be able to help you.  For the time being, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you in over seven months and because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic for that same amount of time.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Lesley.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.