cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpoole
Community Participant

Does anyone have a good tool for embedding rss feeds in a course?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Does anyone have a good, free or inexpensive way to embed an rss feed into a Canvas course?  I used RSSInclude for a while but I couldn't really afford it once the trial ran out.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@mpoole ​, I haven't used it before, but I found this one in the App Center: Feed The Me:  Edu App Center

It looks like you can generate your consumer key and shared secret by authenticating with Twitter.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@mpoole ​, I haven't used it before, but I found this one in the App Center: Feed The Me:  Edu App Center

It looks like you can generate your consumer key and shared secret by authenticating with Twitter.

View solution in original post

mpoole
Community Participant

Thanks!

I looked in apps, but I find the app center kind of challenging to wade through.

I appreciate it!

I agree! I had to use a Google search to find it. Smiley Wink

dcaparula
Community Participant

Hi  @mpoole ​, I second stefaniesanders​. I've used the Feed the Me app and it works very well. You can use it for just one source or combine several feeds to display on one page, and also have the option to allow students to add feeds.

One way we use it is to is to keep a running feed of our Teaching and Learning Center blog entries within our faculty orientation to Canvas course, so that those current tips and tricks are always close.

Hope that helps!

sbastian
Community Participant

Hi  @dcaparula ​ I've tried to install the Feed the Me app but even though I get a valid key and secret, and it appears in my course navigation, I just get a "Not Found" error on the page when I click on it. Am I missing a step? I'm using Chrome - I may try a different browser.

mpoole
Community Participant

Thanks!

It works perfectly-exactly what I was looking for.  I love the toggle between feeds:

Feeds.jpg

dcaparula
Community Participant

Hi  @sbastian ​, here's a quick demo of how it works in Chrome, hope it helps!

sbastian
Community Participant

Thanks  @dcaparula ​! I've done exactly what's in the video, but still get a big NOT FOUND message when I click on the button in my course navigation. It may have something to do with my PC here at work which has been doing some other odd/unexpected things. I'll try it from home tonight. Thanks again!

dcaparula
Community Participant

It's always nice to be able to confirm it's not you, right? Smiley Happy  Good luck!