cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmoynihan
Community Member

Does the grade synchronization from canvas to power school work on the free for teachers canvas platform?

Jump to solution

Hello canvas community,

I am going to teach at a different school district next year.

The school district I am joining uses power school.

I’ve seen there’s great features integrating Canvas with PowerSchool including automatic grade synchronization.

My question is:

Does the grade synchronization from canvas to power school work on the free for teachers canvas platform?

If yes, can anyone tell me how to do it?

Thank you in advance for answering my question,

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @tmoynihan 

As far as I know, and that ain't far, the answer is "No". The FFT version of Canvas lacks the Admin interface, and Admin functionality is needed to set up the Grade passback integration between PowerSchool and Canvas..

Perhaps somebody knows something different.

Kelley

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @tmoynihan 

As far as I know, and that ain't far, the answer is "No". The FFT version of Canvas lacks the Admin interface, and Admin functionality is needed to set up the Grade passback integration between PowerSchool and Canvas..

Perhaps somebody knows something different.

Kelley

View solution in original post

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@tmoynihan 

@kmeeusen is correct! Free For Teachers users cannot integrate their courses with an SIS or any other external tool that requires admin functionality. Please read through the Canvas Account Comparisons PDF for more information on feature availability.