Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monyalewis

Double spacing in a text box entry

Jump to solution

​I can't figure out how to double space my entire assignment in a text box entry. Will someone explain how to do it?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
James
Community Champion

I would double check the instructions to make sure you're not missing something. When your instructor said double spacing, they probably meant on written work that is uploaded into Canvas, not on textbox submissions. Those are usually intended to be fairly simple and short.

About the closest you can easily get with a textbox submission is to hit enter twice between paragraphs, which is bad form in typing since Canvas already adds extra spacing between paragraphs.

You can go through and edit the HTML and manually set the style for every single paragraph, but that's far and above what any teacher should expect of their students unless this is a web design class and you're studying styles. That's highly unlikely.

So, double check the instructions and make sure that's what your teacher really wants. If so, point out that it cannot be done within a textbox submission. The other possibility is that they accidentally checked Textbox when they meant File Upload. But this is something that is best clarified with your instructor.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
James
Community Champion

I would double check the instructions to make sure you're not missing something. When your instructor said double spacing, they probably meant on written work that is uploaded into Canvas, not on textbox submissions. Those are usually intended to be fairly simple and short.

About the closest you can easily get with a textbox submission is to hit enter twice between paragraphs, which is bad form in typing since Canvas already adds extra spacing between paragraphs.

You can go through and edit the HTML and manually set the style for every single paragraph, but that's far and above what any teacher should expect of their students unless this is a web design class and you're studying styles. That's highly unlikely.

So, double check the instructions and make sure that's what your teacher really wants. If so, point out that it cannot be done within a textbox submission. The other possibility is that they accidentally checked Textbox when they meant File Upload. But this is something that is best clarified with your instructor.