Download info at ONCE

Jump to solution
majorendon
Community Novice

Hello! I would like to know if there is a way where I can download all the material of the course at once. I am part of a course as an instructor therefore before the course finishes I would like to download everything. 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @majorendon  Welcome to the Canvas Community. Well, it depends on how you define "everything." Smiley Happy  You can always, as an instructor, export a course site from Canvas into a zip file that can then be re-imported into another Canvas shell or even another LMS as covered here: How do I export a Canvas course?  However, this zip file is not intended for you to "look at" yourself outside of an LMS.  If you are concerned about backing up the files on that course from the Files menu area, you can head to files, select ALL of them (by pressing Ctrl-A on a PC or Command-A on a Mac) so that all are highlighted, and then download them all into a ZIP file, as covered here: How do I download a folder in ZIP format as an instructor? (Even though the article mentions downloading a folder, the same down-arrow icon pictured in that lesson also works with a bulk download of all individual files.)

Be aware that none of the above will include student work or grades.  If it's student work you're referring to, unfortunately those have to be done on an assignment-by-assignment basis, as covered here: How do I download all student submissions for an assignment? and here: How do I download all student submissions for an assignment in the Gradebook? .  The gradebook must be downloaded as a CSV file:  How do I export grades in the Gradebook? 

And finally, you can download the entire course site as an ePub, as covered here: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26556-how-do-i-view-course-content-offline-as-an-epub-file-... 

I hope this helps, Maria.  Be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes