cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anna_miley_aker

Download quiz answers to Excel

Jump to solution

I have created an anonymous survey for my students trying to investigate attenance at lectures and what factors they take into account when not showing up. I have followed the instructions for downloading into Excel (made it tab delineated etc.). However, the anwers end up on different lines and it is impossible to read the answers and know which person it belongs to. I'd love to know if there is a way to have each respondent be on his/her own line.

1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @anna_miley_aker  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  The Student Analysis Report should definitely be able to do this for you, if I'm understanding your question correctly.  Each respondent does indeed occur on his/her own line on this report.  That said, if you having issues with downloading the CSV files, you should look over some of the suggestions here:

Personally, I have never had an issue with the CSV reports, nor have faculty to the best of my knowledge.  (Though the number of faculty who do this at our institution is pretty low!)  The biggest issue is trying to read the longer answers, but that's about it.

I hope this helps a bit, Anna!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @anna_miley_aker  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  The Student Analysis Report should definitely be able to do this for you, if I'm understanding your question correctly.  Each respondent does indeed occur on his/her own line on this report.  That said, if you having issues with downloading the CSV files, you should look over some of the suggestions here:

Personally, I have never had an issue with the CSV reports, nor have faculty to the best of my knowledge.  (Though the number of faculty who do this at our institution is pretty low!)  The biggest issue is trying to read the longer answers, but that's about it.

I hope this helps a bit, Anna!