Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akingon
Community Member

Downloading Course Information/Analytics

Jump to solution

Updated

Original Subject Line: Is it possible to download the analytics from a course and/or from all students in a course?

Hi all,

I was wondering if it Is possible to download the analytics from a course and/or from all students in a course, in order to run our own analyses and create our on visuals?

Thank you,

Ashley

Message was edited by: Chris Hofer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @akingon ​...

I'm not entirely sure this is possible, and I'm only basing my response off of another posting I found while searching the Community for an answer for you: Re: Best Practices For Exporting Student Data Across Multiple Courses​.  I know there are some reports that you can download from an Admin's perspective, but a lot of those give reports for an entire term and not necessarily for a specific course.

Also, since your subject line is very similar to part of the body of your message, I'm going to revise your subject line a bit and also tag your question with a couple more keywords.  This will help others search for your question should they have similar questions.  If the subject line doesn't quite reflect what you are asking, please let me know, and we can make any necessary changes.  I hope this is okay with you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @akingon ​...

I'm not entirely sure this is possible, and I'm only basing my response off of another posting I found while searching the Community for an answer for you: Re: Best Practices For Exporting Student Data Across Multiple Courses​.  I know there are some reports that you can download from an Admin's perspective, but a lot of those give reports for an entire term and not necessarily for a specific course.

Also, since your subject line is very similar to part of the body of your message, I'm going to revise your subject line a bit and also tag your question with a couple more keywords.  This will help others search for your question should they have similar questions.  If the subject line doesn't quite reflect what you are asking, please let me know, and we can make any necessary changes.  I hope this is okay with you.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@akingon ​, it's absolutely possible... if you're a programmer and know how to use the Canvas API. Unfortunately are no built in tools like this in Canvas. With access to Canvas data, coming soon, you'll be closer to getting this type of information if you're a Canvas admin, but even then you'll need to manipulate the data yourself.

is there analytics in "open source" version or its in enterprise version only?

I'm honestly not sure what is possible with the open source version of Canvas. My recommendation is to post a question about it in the Canvas Developers​ group and possibly even on GitHub: Home · instructure/canvas-lms Wiki · GitHub

Hope this helps!

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

For anyone interested in this topic, be sure to RSVP to the CanvasLIVE event Obtaining Access Report Data for an Entire Class , which is coming up this Friday, February 3, 2017. RSVP “yes” if you will be there--and if you’re interested, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend in real time, RSVP "no" or "maybe" to receive all event updates. Your RSVP ensures that you will receive a notification should the event be cancelled or changed.