cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andre_hermann
Community Member

Downloading zip'd homework folder with titles

Jump to solution

When downloading students work to my laptop I see that the zip files have the generic title "submissions." I teach four different classes. My download folder has submissions (1).zip, (2) etc etc. There are no class identifiers in the folder name. Is there a way to program canvas to assign a specific title to the download files as its gathering and compressing the work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@andre_hermann ​,

Currently, this option is not available in Canvas.  If you would like to see this implemented, please submit a Feature Idea at Share Ideas​.  What you can do, depending on your browser settings is have the browser prompt you where to save the file instead of auto-downloading it to say the downloads folder. You can then put in your own custom file name.

Robbie

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@andre_hermann ​,

Currently, this option is not available in Canvas.  If you would like to see this implemented, please submit a Feature Idea at Share Ideas​.  What you can do, depending on your browser settings is have the browser prompt you where to save the file instead of auto-downloading it to say the downloads folder. You can then put in your own custom file name.

Robbie

View solution in original post