Drawing a Picture as Part of a Quiz Submission

Jump to solution
jstevenson1
Community Member

Is there a way for a student to draw (like actually draw a picture) to answer a question on an assessment on Canvas?  I've been adding quizzes to the modules I'm creating, and I'd like to have students draw in order to answer a few questions.

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @jstevenson1  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Currently, I do not know of any available question types that would allow a student to draw something while taking a quiz online.  This is true for the current quizzing engine and also for the new Quizzes.Next quizzing engine that Instructure has been working on (you can find out more information by check out this link: Quizzes.Next User Group.)  The best solution that I can think of right now would be to use the "File Upload" question type.  Students would need to draw something "offline" and then upload it to the question as part of the quiz submission.  You can find out more about this question type by checking out the following Guides:

How do I create a File Upload quiz question? (current quizzes)

How do I create a File Upload assessment question using Quizzes.Next? 

Finally (and this is not really related), I wanted to let you know that I am going to modify the subject line of your question (there's no need to include the full body of your question in the subject line) and then also tag your question with keywords.  Doing both of these things will make it easier for people to search for your question here in the Community should they have similar questions.  If the revised subject line doesn't accurately reflect what you're asking in the body of your message, please let me know, and we can make any necessary changes.  I hope that's alright with you, Jason.

View solution in original post